Friday, September 2, 2011

NMPS Port Hueneme

 My week of processing here at Navy Mobilization Processing Site (NMPS) Port Hueneme is winding down.  It was a pretty efficient process.  After having a cavity fixed and an immunization I am good to go.  Now I am getting ready to fly out to Fort Jackson, SC tomorrow.  I will spend the rest of the day doing laundry, haircut, packing my seabag carefully with my new Army uniforms, and perhaps a group BBQ later. 
There was a decent amount of downtime built-in, in case people needed to take care of requirements.  Since most of us were squared away, we were able to take off early and go to the beach at Point Mugu one day.  Pretty nice.  I have definitely enjoyed the weather here.  60's and 70's the whole time. 

1 comment:

  1. I am not going to lie I am digging the Gas Mask.

    ReplyDelete